Philippine national team rosters released as SEAG football kicks off
MANILA, Philippines – The Philippine Football Federation (PFF) has announced the final lineups of the Men's Football Under-22 team and National Women's Football Team for the 29th Southeast Asian Games in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Men's Team Players:
- BALABAT, Nimrod – San Beda College
- BAUTISTA, Junell Mark – Davao Aguilas FC
- BELGIRA, Kou Ichi – JPV Marikina FC
- BORLONGAN, Jeremiah – University of the Philippines / Kaya FC Makati
- CLARINO, Julian Mariano – University of the Philippines / FC Meralco Manila
- CHENG, Jaime Vicenzo – Davao Aguilas FC
- CORSAME, Roberto Jr. – Arellano University
- CUBON, Reymart – Davao Aguilas FC
- DE BRUYCKER, Dylan Alain Lucienne – Davao Aguilas FC
- GADIA, Daniel Bernan – FC Meralco Manila
- GAYOSO, Javier Augustine – Ateneo de Manila University
- GROMMEN, Joshua Jake – Ceres Negros FC
- JARVIS, Jordan Blair – Davao Aguilas FC
- JOYEL, Ray Joseph – Far Eastern University / Kaya FC Makati
- KOIZUMI, Yoshiharu – De La Salle University
- LAPAS, Christian – University of the Philippines / Kaya FC Makati
- LIMBO, Dimitri Lionel – Kaya FC Makati
- ROCHA, Jeremiah Raphael – Ateneo de Manila University / Kaya FC Makati
- TALAROC, Richard Jr. – Davao Aguilas FC
- VILLANUEVA, Nathanael Ace – FC Meralco Manila
UAAP Season 79 Most Valuable Player and Best Striker Jarvey Gayoso, National Team veteran Daniel Gadia and Former Belgium Youth team member Dylan de Bruycker will be expected to lead the U-22 squad this SEAG. The men's team will be headed by Coach Marlon Maro, and assisted by Marlon Pinero, Randolfo Clarino, and Anthony Albao.
Philippines is categorized under Group B along with Cambodia, Indonesia, Thailand, Timor Leste, and Vietnam in the Men's Division.
Women's Team Players:
- ALMEDA, Joanna Michelle – De La Salle Zobel / Green Archers United FC
- ARCE, Hazel Romina – Far Eastern University
- BERNAL, Mea – Outkast FC
- CASTAÑEDA, Anicka Chabeli – De La Salle Zobel / Green Archers United FC
- CASTAÑEDA, Sara Isobel – De La Salle University
- DEL CAMPO, Alisha Claire – De La Salle Zobel / Green Archers United FC
- DIMAANDAL, Kyrhen Angela – De La Salle University
- DOLINO, Alesa – Outkast FC
- DURAN, Mary Christine – De La Salle University
- IMPELIDO, Patrice Mae – Hiraya FC
- INQUIG, Kyla Jan – De La Salle University
- LEMORAN, Charisa Marie – University of Santo Tomas
- LONG, Hali Moriah – University of Arkansas at Little Rock
- MADARANG, Eva – Moonpark College
- NAVAJA, Irish– De La Salle University
- PALACIOS, Inna Kristianne – De La Salle University
- RODRIGUEZ, Kathleen Camille – Ateneo de Manila University
- RUETAS, Faith Sean – St. Theresa of Lisieux High School
- SUDARIA, Jovelle – Far Eastern University
- TOMANON, Patricia – Florida International University
There are high hopes for this women's team roster to finally bag its first podium finish in the tournament since the 1985 SEAG bronze medal finish. Aside from the fact that most of the members of this team were part of the squad that qualifed for the 2018 AFC Women's Asian Cup in Jordan, the addition of UAAP top strikers Kyra Dimaandal, Camille Rodriguez and Charisa Lemoran will strengthen the Philippine frontline.
The women's team was able to face Japanese women's football clubs, Nojoima Stella Kanagawa, Yamanashi Gakuin University, and Kanagawa Prefecture Selection Team for the National Games, in a training camp to prepare them for the upcoming SEAG.
Marnelli “Let” Dimzon will be heading the coaching staff, while being assisted by John Paul Merida and Gerald Orcullo.
Philippines, Malaysia, Myanmar, Thailand, and Vietnam will be in a single group in the tournament.
The games for both the men's and women's divisions are scheduled to take place on August 15 to 24, 2017. – Rappler.com