This is AI generated summarization, which may have errors. For context, always refer to the full article.
MANILA, Philippines – A new feature called Tinder Matchmaker lets friends and family give their thumb of approval towards prospective matches.
Through the feature, users can invite others, whether they have a Tinder profile or not, to view and suggest potential matches. It is still up to the user, however, to decide if they want to send a like to a profile. Other people can only make suggestions on who they believe will be a good match for the user.
“Tinder Matchmaker brings your circle of trust into your dating journey and helps you see the possibilities you might be overlooking from the perspective of those closest to you,” says Melissa Hobley, chief marketing officer at Tinder.
The feature can be accessed via the instructions below, posted by the company:
- A Tinder Matchmaker session can be started directly from a profile card, or within app settings. Users can share their unique link with up to 15 friends in a 24 hour period.
- After following the link, the matchmaker can either log in to Tinder or continue as a guest (after completing an age verification prompt and agreeing to Tinder’s terms as outlined).
- Matchmakers have 24 hours to play cupid before the session expires, where they can recommend profiles for the Tinder user but won’t be able to chat or send messages on their behalf.
- Once the session expires, Tinder users will have the opportunity to review the profiles their matchmakers’ Like for them. Profiles that received a Like from a matchmaker will be marked as a “recommendation” (profiles sent a Nope won’t change).
- The Tinder user still makes the final call on who to Like – but now knows who their friends are rooting for.
The feature is currently available in the United States, Australia, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Japan, Mexico, South Korea, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Vietnam. It is not yet in the Philippines but the company expects a global rollout. – Rappler.com