Discord's game store to have 90/10 split in 2019
MANILA, Philippines – Voice chat application Discord is taking its game store to new heights in 2019 by announcing a 90/10 revenue split in favor of developers.
Announced last Friday, December 14, Discord said it would "extend access to the Discord store and our extremely efficient game patcher by releasing a self-serve game publishing platform" in 2019.
The revenue sharing agreement would be 90% in favor of the developer, with the remaining 10% covering "operating costs, and we’ll explore lowering it by optimizing our tech and making things more efficient."
Discord also said it was working on improving its verified servers, among other changes to its platform.
"We believe if we iterate and work with developers, we can reverse platform fragmentation in the game industry while connecting developers and players closer together," Discord said.
In these changing times, courage and clarity become even more important.
Take discussions to the next level with Rappler PLUS — your platform for deeper insights, closer collaboration, and meaningful action.
Sign up today and access exclusive content, events, and workshops curated especially for those who crave clarity and collaboration in an intelligent, action-oriented community.
As an added bonus, we’re also giving a free 1-year Booky Prime membership for the next 200 subscribers.
You can also support Rappler without a PLUS membership. Help us stay free and independent by making a donation: https://www.rappler.com/crowdfunding. Every contribution counts.