PLDT launches ‘FamLoad’ home prepaid broadband packages
MANILA, Philippines – PLDT announced its new set of home prepaid broadband WiFi packages called FamLoad on Friday, July 5.
The service is powered by Smart LTE. To use the service, users will have to avail of the PLDT Home WiFi device for a one-time fee of P1,995, available at PLDT stores and retailers, SM branches, and other authorized dealers. It doesn’t have a lock-in period and comes with 10GB of data valid for 7 days.
The PLDT Home WiFi device, PLDT says, is designed specifically for indoor use, and can connect up to five devices.
Users can buy more data at the following rates:
- FAMLOAD 15 (P15) - 1GB valid for one day
- FAMLOAD 50 (P50) - 3GB valid for 3 days
- FAMLOAD 199 (P199) - 12GB valid for 7 days
- FAMLOAD 599 (P599) - 40GB valid for 15 days
- FAMLOAD 999 (P999) - 65GB valid for 30 days
- FAMLOAD 1499 (P1499) - 100GB valid for 30 days
These data packages can be bought from authorized PLDT and Smart retailers, some sari-sari stores, telco stalls, and 7-Eleven. To load up, users need to download the myPLDT Smart mobile app, on which they must register their PLDT Home WiFi number.
As of Monday, July 8, Globe has the same rates for its prepaid home WiFi data packages, except for the P50/3GB package, which it doesn’t have. – Rappler.com