Photo by Google Philippines
MANILA, Philippines - Gone are the days when ads were sideshows - they are now as entertaining and viral-worthy as any other content on the Internet!
On Wednesday, July 27, Google announced the 2016 YouTube Leaderboard, giving recognition to 10 brands in the Philippines whose ads piqued the interest of viewers the most from January to June 2016. According to Google Philippines, the list is based on "popularity and promotion."
Three trends are evident among ads that made it to the top 10:
1. Local ads dominated the list. This is the second time that most ads in the leaderboard are homegrown, all reflecting local culture and values.
2. Majority of the ads were more than 30 seconds. This shows that brands are going for longform storytelling, which allows more room for emotional engagement with the audience.
3. Children-centric theme. Half of the ads in the top 10 featured children, which appealed to the "young and young at heart."
Here is the complete list:
1. Nido - A Mommy's Sacrifice | NIDO FORTIGROW | Nestlé PH
2. Bonakid - Bonakid Pre-School 3+ TVC
3. McDonald's - Tuloy Pa Rin
4. Downy - Sofia's Fan | DOWNY Rubadubango
5. Bear Brand - SIDE A 30s TVC| BEAR BRAND Choco Milk Drink | Nestle PH
6. Whisper -Whisper All Day No Check!
7. Tide - Tide! Todo-puti na kagulat-gulat! #TideTodoPuti
8. Milo- #MomsNeverGiveUp Full Version
9. Nescafe - When Minutes Turn Into Moments
10. Knorr - “Sabaw at Pagsasama” (A Knorr Short FiIm)
Which of these videos do you like the most? Let us know in the comments. - Rappler.com