Basagan ng Trip with Leloy Claudio: Is Duterte a dictator, a fascist, or a populist?
MANILA, Philippines – History teacher Leloy Claudio defines three terms loosely thrown around by critics of President Rodrigo Duterte – dictator, fascist, and populist. Is the president any of the three?
Watch today's edition of Basagan Ng Trip. – Rappler.com
- On using the term 'Filipino'
- Is human rights relevant to Filipinos?
- Whom to trust – journalists or social media stars?
- What liberalism, LP, and yellow really mean
- Is Islam violent?
- Why a depreciating Philippine peso might be a good thing
- What's the government's problem with ride-sharing companies?
- Ferdinand Marcos’ great ideas, bad executions
- Was Martial Law needed to defeat the communists?
- On 'The Duterte Reader' and identifying Digong
- On Filipinos' obsession with titles
- The case for a biased, honest media
- Is Duterte a dictator, a fascist, or a populist?
- 5 tips when writing in English
- 5 ways to shield yourself from fake news
- Why political participation matters
- Constitution 101 with Florin Hilbay
- Debunking myths on the origins of the Filipino
- 4 reasons why a liberal arts course is a good choice
- 5 times nationalism goes overboard
- Why the Cambridge Analytica scandal matters to Filipinos
- Spotting biases and history's role in healing society
- Basic economic concepts that matter
- The economics of TRAIN law, inflation and Build, Build, Build