Basagan ng Trip with Leloy Claudio: Basic economic concepts that matter
MANILA, Philippines – Economics PhD student JC Punongbayan joins historian Leloy Claudio to walk us through intimidating economic concepts that are constantly at work in our world.
Find out why a country will need to incur debt to jumpstart or sustain progress, why inflation is not always bad, and why the depreciation of the peso is often welcomed by OFWs.
Watch and learn, Thursday 9:30 pm. – Rappler.com
- On using the term 'Filipino'
- Is human rights relevant to Filipinos?
- Whom to trust – journalists or social media stars?
- What liberalism, LP, and yellow really mean
- Is Islam violent?
- Why a depreciating Philippine peso might be a good thing
- What's the government's problem with ride-sharing companies?
- Ferdinand Marcos’ great ideas, bad executions
- Was Martial Law needed to defeat the communists?
- On 'The Duterte Reader' and identifying Digong
- On Filipinos' obsession with titles
- The case for a biased, honest media
- Is Duterte a dictator, a fascist, or a populist?
- 5 tips when writing in English
- 5 ways to shield yourself from fake news
- Why political participation matters
- Constitution 101 with Florin Hilbay
- Debunking myths on the origins of the Filipino
- 4 reasons why a liberal arts course is a good choice
- 5 times nationalism goes overboard
- Why the Cambridge Analytica scandal matters to Filipinos
- Spotting biases and history's role in healing society
- Basic economic concepts that matter
- The economics of TRAIN law, inflation and Build, Build, Build