MANILA, Philippines – The Philippine economy is bucking the global economic trend with the second fastest Q3 growth rate in Asia. Proof, Finance secretary Cesar Purisima says, that ‘Aquinomics’ – the good governance-based economic program of President Benigno Aquino – is working. But critics say this growth is not trickling down to all sectors.
Maria Ressa talks to ADB Assistant Chief Economist Cyn-Young Park about the Philippine economy and the challenges of ensuring inclusive growth for this November 29 edition of #TalkThursday.
Previous #TalkThursday Episodes:
- #TalkThursday with Israeli Amb. Menashe Bar-On on the attacks on Gaza
- #TalkThursday with retired Gen. Raymundo Ferrer on the Maguindanao Massacre
- #TalkThursday with Amb. Cuisia: U.S. elections and its impact on Asia
- #TalkThursday: U.S. elections and its impact on the Philippines
- #TalkThursday: View from the Outside
- #TalkThursday with President Aquino: Steering PH economy
- #TalkThursday with President Aquino: Risks and Lessons
- #TalkThursday with Marvic Leonen: Give peace a chance