MANILA, Philippines – Maria Ressa talks to James Robinson, Harvard economist and political scientist, in this edition of #Talk Thursday. Robinson is the co-author of the book “Why Nations Fail”. He is in Manila to talk about inclusive growth with the Aquino Cabinet.
For #TalkThursday, Robinson discusses the prerequisites of inclusive economic growth and how the Philippines can learn from other countries. He also shares his insights on the country’s political system and how that has shaped the present economic structure.
#TalkThursday is Rappler’s weekly forum for discussing timely ideas with today’s relevant thought leaders.
Previous #TalkThursday Episodes:
- #TalkThursday with Jones Lang Lasalle Leechiu’s Lindsay Orr on the Philippine real estate market
- #TalkThursday with ADB Assistant Chief Economist Cyn-Young Park on inclusive growth
- #TalkThursday with Israeli Amb. Menashe Bar-On on the attacks on Gaza
- #TalkThursday with retired Gen. Raymundo Ferrer on the Maguindanao Massacre
- #TalkThursday with President Aquino: Steering PH economy
- #TalkThursday with President Aquino: Risks and Lessons