Watch Rappler’s evening newscast with Ralf Rivas
Today on Rappler – the latest news in the Philippines and around the world:
- MECQ extension in Metro Manila, Luzon provinces ‘highly unlikely.’ Malacañang says the extension of the modified enhanced community quarantine or MECQ in Metro Manila and nearby provinces is unlikely given the lack of funds.
- Ex-PhilHealth exec says he resigned out of delicadeza, believes corruption in agency exists. Resigned Philhealth vice president Augustus de Villa says he left the agency out of “delicadeza’ or sense of propriety.
- Randy Echanis’ widow demands funeral home to release his body. This comes after Quezon City police reportedly… “forcibly” took Echanis’ body during the wake and brought it to a different funeral home.
- Philippine peso zooms to P48 vs dollar, strongest in almost 4 years. This is the strongest the peso has been since November 10, 2016.
- FALSE: ‘Media did not report on’ 23 additional quarantine facilities. At least 3 media agencies reported about the construction of these additional quarantine facilities. – Rappler.com