BOI report, MILF invites Cayetano, Morales for Pacquiao | The wRap

Today on Rappler.

AQUINO BROKE CHAIN OF COMMAND IN MAMASAPANO - BOI
President Benigno Aquino broke the chain of command in Oplan Exodus, a mission to hunt down terrorist Marwan.
This was the conclusion reached by the Philippine National Police’s Board of Inquiry or BOI in a report on the bloody clash that killed 44 policemen.
The report says Aquino bypassed the command when he “allowed the participation of suspended PNP chief Alan Purisima in the planning and execution of Oplan Exodus despite the suspension order of the Ombudsman,”
and “…bypassed the established PNP Chain of Command.”
It adds, Aquino gave the go-signal for Oplan Exodus after then Special Action Force chief Getulio Napenas presented to him.
The report also says the US provided the PNP real-time information about Marwan and Usman prior to the bloody police operation.
But Interior Secretary Mar Roxas says Aquino has no liability for the Mamasapano operation because he gave the order to Purisima before his suspension.

MAR ROXAS, INTERIOR SECRETARY: Based on what I read, he as commander-in-chief correctly – and rightly so – authorized that Marwan is the target. There is no liability to that.

Roxas adds, when Purisima was suspended Aquino gave him the order to relay directives on the Mamasapano operation to acting chief Leonardo Espina.

MAR ROXAS, INTERIOR SECRETARY: The President recognized that Director General Purisima was suspended, at wala nang kapangyarihan. Alam ng Pangulo iyan, kaya nga niya iniutos, ‘sabihin mo kay OIC Espina ito’ precisely to correct the anomaly that there was somebody suspended in the middle.

(The President recognized that Director General Purisima was suspended and no longer had power. The President knows it, and that’s why he ordered [Purisima] to relay this to OIC Espina, precisely to correct the anomaly that there was somebody suspended in the middle.)

Roxas says if there’s anyone most liable for the botched operations, it would be Purisima.

MAR ROXAS, INTERIOR SECRETARY: Matapos kong mabasa ang formal report ay nakumpirma ang aking pag-iisip na ang may pangunahing pananagutan dito sa pagkamatay ng apatnapu’t-apat na SAF troopers ay walang iba kundi ang suspendidong Director General Purisima.

(After I read the formal report my hunch has been confirmed. If there’s anybody most liable for the death of the 44 SAF troopers, it would be none other than suspended Director General Purisima.)

MILF INVITES CAYETANO TO COFFEE IN MAGUINDANAO CAMP
The Moro Islamic Liberation Front or MILF invites Senator Leader Alan Peter Cayetano to coffee in Camp Darapanan, Maguindanao.
MILF vice chair for political affairs Ghadzali Jaafar says the MILF is willing to discuss with Cayetano the Bangsamoro struggle in an intellectual and constructive manner.
In a privilege speech Wednesday, the senator accused the MILF of being anti-peace.
Jaafar adds, their present cooperation in the all-out offensive against the BIFF is proof of their good faith in the peace process. 

S. KOREA DEVELOPS SMARTPHONE APP TO CURB STUDENT SUICIDE
South Korea develops smartphone apps to help bring down its high student suicide rate.
The government-developed apps are programmed to detect "suicide-related" words used by children on social networks, messages, or Internet searches on their phones.
This would trigger an alert to be sent to the parents.
878 students took their own lives between 2009 and 2014, including 118 last year… Student suicide peaks every year around the time of the hyper-competitive national college entrance exam.

MORALES SIDES WITH PACQUIAO IN FIGHT VS MAYWEATHER
Erik Morales, a four-time world champion and former foe of Manny Pacquiao says...
the Filipino boxer’s signature speed would play a pivotal role against rival Floyd Mayweather.
Pacquiao’s agility was one of the key factors in his success in the sport, capturing 12 world titles in eight different weight classes.
Morales adds about Mayweather, “I don’t think he wants to fight [Pacquiao] face-to-face.”
Morales fought Pacquiao three times, winning only once via unanimous decision in March 2005.

'FROZEN 2' IS HAPPENING, DISNEY CONFIRMS
Note to young girls around the world: Elsa is coming back to a theater near you.
Disney Animation on Thursday announced a sequel to the animated mega-hit Frozen is in the works. 
The studio tweeted the news, saying “Forecast: Winter weather ahead! Disney Animation developing #Frozen2 with Chris Buck and @alittlejelee!”
That’s is the twitter handle of actress Jennifer Lee, the voice of Elsa.
Frozen raked in nearly $1.3 billion in worldwide ticket sales and is one of the top grossing films of all time.
It won two Oscars last year – for best animated feature and best original song for "Let It Go."

For those on desktop, click on the links on your screen.
You can also click on the tabs below to go to a story in the video.
And for those on smartphones and tablets, the links can be found below the video.

– Rappler.com 

Click here for audio version:

Production Staff