JAKARTA, Indonesia – Rain, Jakarta’s legendary traffic, and Zayn Malik’s absence were not enough to dampen the determination of One Direction’s fans in Indonesia, many of whom began lining up early on Wednesday, March 25, for the band’s much-awaited concert.
Lines were long and thick by the time the gates of the Gelora Bung Karno Stadium in South Jakarta opened at 3pm. (READ: Jakarta siap menyambut pertunjukan One Direction)
But police were also out in full force to make sure everything goes well.
When it started raining, fans shrugged it off and donned colorful raincoats.
About 36,000 fans filled up this stadium.
The panorama of the stadium! pic.twitter.com/7xo4lCtrxG— One Direction Update (@1DgoIndonesia) March 25, 2015
By around 8pm, Harry Styles, Liam Payne, Louis Tomlinson, and Niall Horan finally took to the stage.
However, the mood was tempered by the sad news that Zayn Malik is leaving the band. (CONFIRMED: Zayn Malik leaves One Direction)
Harry was crying at last night’s concert https://t.co/s6hG8Xv30R— One Direction Update (@1DgoIndonesia) March 25, 2015
More One Direction on Rappler here:
- CONFIRMED: Zayn Malik leaves One Direction
- PH fans react to news that Zayn Malik won’t come to Manila
- Zayn Malik of One Direction will not perform in Manila concert
One Direction in Jakarta:
- IN PHOTOS: One Direction in Jakarta
- Jakarta siap menyambut pertunjukan One Direction
- Zayn Malik batal ke Jakarta, fans One Direction meledak di media sosial
One Direction in Manila:
- IN PHOTOS: One Direction in Manila concert, day 1
- Watch clips from One Direction live in Manila, day 1