Miss Universe 2014: Indonesia wins Best National Costume
JAKARTA, Indonesia – Miss Indonesia 2014 Elvira Devinamira was awarded Best National Costume at the 63rd Annual Miss Universe at the FIU Arena in Miami, USA, on Sunday, January 25 (Monday morning in Jakarta).
The awarding followed 3 days of fans voting for their favorite via Twitter using the contestants hashtag and #MissUniverse. From Thursday, January 22, #MissUniverseIndonesia was among the top Twitter trends in Indonesia.
Elvira's costume is inspired by the Borobudur Temple in Central Java, a 9th century Buddhist temple and UNESCO World Heritage site.
Elvira said the costume weighed 20 kilos.
Miss Indonesia made it to the top 15 finalists of this year's pageant.
Join Rappler's live blog now to know more. –Rappler.com
- FULL RECAP: Miss Universe 2014-2015
- IN PHOTOS: Miss PH MJ Lastimosa's journey to Miss Universe pageant
- Despite Miss Universe loss, Miss PH MJ Lastimosa grateful, 'filled with love'
- LIVE BLOG: Miss Universe 2014 coronation night
- Miss Colombia Paulina Vega crowned Miss Universe, full list of winners
- Miss PH MJ Lastimosa fails to make it to top 5 of Miss Universe
- MJ Lastimosa among top 15 at Miss Universe 2014
- Miss Universe 2014 predictions: Will MJ Lastimosa win for PH?
- PHOTOS: Miss PH MJ Lastimosa’s national costume at Miss Universe
- Stella Araneta defends MJ Lastimosa’s national costume
- PHOTOS: Miss PH MJ Lastimosa shines at Miss Universe preliminaries
- WATCH: MJ Lastimosa ready to rep PH in Miss Universe pageant
- PHOTO RECAP: 63rd Miss Universe preliminary competition
- PHOTOS: MJ Lastimosa’s Bb Pilipinas 2014 journey