HIGHLIGHTS: ASEAN Business and Investment Summit 2017, November 13
MANILA, Philippines – The ASEAN Business and Investment Summit (ABIS) 2017 is a 3-day conference of the ASEAN Business Advisory Council (ABAC) being held from Sunday, November 12 to Tuesday, November 14.
The conference brings attention to business issues, investment opportunities, and directions for growth in Southeast Asia. It also serves as a platform for talks among regional and global stakeholders in the ASEAN Economic Community.
Watch the highlights of Day 2.
Message from Joey Concepcion, ASEAN BAC Chairman
Panel: ASEAN Build, Build, Build (Infrastructure Development) – Building for the Future
- Tony Fernandes, Group CEO, AirAsia
- Jaime Augusto Zobel de Ayala, CEO of Ayala Corporation
- Shinya Ejima, Senior Vice-President of Japan International Cooperation Agency
- Diwakar Gupta, Vice President of the Asian Development Bank
- Enrique Razon, Chairman and CEO of International Container Terminal Services, Inc.
- Thomas Hardy, Acting Director of the U.S. Trade and Development Agency
Moderator: Maria Ressa, Founder and CEO of Rappler
Keynote: Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev
Keynote: South Korean President Moon Jae-In
Panel: Unleashing Women Economic Power and Human Capital Development
• Teresita Sy-Coson, ASEAN BAC Council Member and Vice Chair of SM Investments
• Dr. Shamshad Akhtar, Under-Secretary-General of the United Nations
• Datuk (Dr.) Hafsah Hashim, Chief Executive Officer of SME Corporation
• Ma. Fe Perez-Agudo, President and Chief Executive Officer, Hyundai Asia Resources Inc.
• Sirina Sisombat-Hervy, Sinouk Coffee, ASEAN Business Award 2017 Winner
Moderator: Chloe Cho, Presenter and Executive Producer of Channel News Asia
Panel: Right Money + Open Markets = Prosperity for All
Keynote: Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi
Watch the highlights from Rappler's ASEAN coverage here
We keep you informed because you matter
We tell you the stories that matter. We ask, we probe, we explain.
But as we strive to do all this and speak truth to power, we face constant threats to our independence.
Help us make a difference through free and fearless journalism. With your help, you enable us to keep providing you with our brand of compelling and investigative work.
Joining Rappler PLUS allows us to build communities of action with you. PLUS members will receive our editorial newsletters and industry reports, get to join exclusive online conversations with our award-winning journalists, and be part of our monthly events.
Make your move now. Join Rappler PLUS.