Open auditions for London production of 'Here Lies Love' to be held in Manila
MANILA, Philippines – Want to be part of an international musical? Here's your big chance to do so.
Auditions for the London production of the hit musical, Here Lies Love, will be held in Manila. The play's concept, as well as the lyrics, is by David Byrne, while Byrne, Fatboy Slim, and Tom Gandey and J Pardo created the music. Choreography is by Annie-B Parson. Tony Award-nominated director Alex Timbers is directing the show in New York City.
The play chronicles the life of First Lady Imelda Marcos, from her time in power to her falling out of favor with the public nearing the end of the People Power Revolution. Interestingly, the release about the plays says that Here Lies Love is "neither a period piece nor a biography, neither a play nor a traditional musical but an immersive theatrical event combining songs influenced by four decades of dance music, adrenaline- fueled choreography, and a remarkable 360-degree scenic and video environment." (READ: Fil-Am talents in 'Here Lies Love')
If you're interested to audition, here's what you need to know. All information is as it appears in the play's release:
- Aged 20 – 35 of various ethnic backgrounds to represent the diverse population of the Philippines.
- Must have a great pop singing voice and move well, and be proficient in the English language.
- Be prepared to attend a one hour dance call.
- Successful participants will then be asked to sing a contemporary pop song and bring the sheet music. No backing tracks or minus one allowed. A pianist will be provided.
- Bring a CV and photograph stapled together and be prepared to wait.
- Open Call auditions for Here Lies Love will be held on Saturday, July 5 and Sunday, July 6, 2014 at the Opera Haus, 3657 Bautista Street (near the corner of Buendia), Makati City. Registration for auditions will be held on Wednesday, July 2, from 12:00 noon to 4:00 pm also at the Opera Haus.
Please only audition if you would be able to temporarily relocate to London and are available for the following dates: Rehearsals starting 18th August 2014 or 25th August 2014. First Preview 30th September 2014. Press Night 13th October 2014. Playing at the National Theatre, London, until January 2015, with the possibility of a future life in London throughout 2015.
For more information call (0943) 251 4532 or follow ATEG on Facebook for the latest updates. – Rappler.com