5 nagging questions on the Mamasapano clash
MANILA, Philippines – The 3 Senate hearings and another one at the House of Representatives have left nagging questions on who should ultimately be made accountable for the bloody clash in Mamasapano, Maguindanao last January 25. (WATCH: Senate hearing on PNP-SAF Mamasapano clash: Day 1, Day 2, Day 3)
Netizens, Rappler reporters, and some members of the academe who have been closely following the congressional probes shared their questions which they hope legislators and probers alike would ask in subsequent hearings – whether these are opened to the public or held in executive session.
These are questions that should be pushed and pursued to determine who was responsible for the incident that killed 44 elite cops, caused public outrage, imperiled the passage of the Bangsamoro Basic Law, and caused nationwide mourning. At least 18 Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF) fighters were also killed during the firefight, along with several civilians.
Vote for the questions you feel are the most important and need to be addressed head-on by those involved.
- Click on a square or several squares to choose one or several questions of your choice.
- Click on the vote button below.
- The poll results will appear and the total votes per question will be displayed.
- You can share the poll results via Facebook or Twitter.
- Click "Return to poll" if you want to vote again.