Pinoys want Aquino to tackle jobs in #SONA2013
MANILA, Philippines — What would Filipinos want President Benigno Aquino III to discuss in his 4th State of the Nation Address (SONA) Monday afternoon, July 22?
They want him to talk about what he's doing to create jobs, reduce prices of basic commodities, and address poverty.
A Pulse Asia survey, released to the media on Monday, shows these 3 issues are important for 54% of Filipinos.
In a survey conducted from July 20 to July 4, the polling firm asked 1,200 respondents nationwide what they would "most like President Aquino to discuss or mention in his coming SONA."
- 23.8% answered "creation of jobs, provision of jobs for the poor"
- 20.2% said "ways to reduce prices of basic commodities and utilities such as food, gasoline, electricity, water"
- 10% said "strategies to address provery, status of the fight against povery"
Respondents from the National Capital Region (28%) and Balance Luzon (26.2%) are most concerned about the creation of jobs while Mindanao respondents — as high as 27.5% — are most concerned about the rising prices of commondities.
Other issues they want the President to discuss are the following:
- 6.9% said "increase in wages and ways to increase income"
- 5.7% said "results of measures to continually fight graft and corruption"
- 3.9% said "agricultural productivity/improvement/assistance"
- 2.9% said "campaign against criminality"