Rappler reporter is SEAPA fellow for 2013
She will be joining 5 other mid-career journalists from the region for seminars in Bangkok, Thailand, before she does fieldwork in another Southeast Asian country.
Themed "Freedom of Expression Challenges to Internet Governance in Southeast Asia," the fellowship program will run August 12-31.
The SEAPA Fellowship Program in Southeast Asian Journalism, which was first offered in 2002, provides chosen journalists the opportunity to work on investigative reports away from the daily requirements of their news organizations.
The first of its kind in the region, the program aims to increase interaction among media practitioners in Southeast Asia. It also aims to offer readers in-depth reports about region, as produced by journalists from within the region.
Here’s the complete list of 2013 SEAPA fellows:
- Chen Shaua Fui, ( Malaysia)
- Ana Maria Margarita Macaraig, (Philippines)
- Nanchanok Wongsamuth, (Thailand)
- Ulisari Eslita Simatupang, (Indonesia)
- Jefry Tupas, (Philippines)
- Marlon Alexander Sanvictores Luistro (Philippines)