15.51-M domestic passengers flew in Jan-Sept, up 10.5%
MANILA, Philippines - Aggressive pricing strategies and additional airline seats boosted domestic passenger air traffic by 10.54% to 15.51 million in January-to-September period, data from the Civil Aeronautics Board (CAB) showed.
Legacy carrier Philippine Airlines (PAL) and budget carriers -- Cebu Pacific, PAL Express, Zest Airways, Seair and Air Asia Inc. -- flew a combined total of 15,509,582 out of the 21,365,979 seats for domestic travel during the period.
Gokongwei-led Cebu Pacific still dominated the local market based on the number of passengers flown and load factor during the first 9 months of the year:
- Cebu Pacific - 6,980,448 passengers, 76% load factor from 81%
- PAL - 3,270,178 passengers, 72% load factor from 75%
- PAL Express - 3,437,210 passengers, 71% from 75% a year ago
- Zest Air - 1,591,519 passengers, 66% from 76%
- Seair - 119,797 passengers, 59% from 76%
- Air Asia - 110,430 passengers, 42%
All airlines recorded a total of 146,774,099 kilograms of cargo during the period. - Rappler.com