Canceled flights due to Tropical Storm Vinta
Please refresh this page for updates.
MANILA, Philippines (3rd UPDATE) – A number of domestic flights were canceled on Thursday, December 21, and Friday, December 22, due to Tropical Storm Vinta (Tembin), which is affecting parts of Mindanao and the Visayas.
Philippine Airlines (PAL)
Thursday, December 21
- PR 2397-2398 Cebu-Surigao-Cebu
- PR 2929-2930 Cebu-Camiguin-Cebu
- PR 2893-2894 Cebu-Ozamiz-Cebu
- PR 2295-2296 Cebu-Cagayan-Cebu
- PR 2374-2375 Cebu-Siargao-Cebu
- PR 2557-2558 Manila-Dipolog-Manila
- PR 2967-2968 Manila-Butuan-Manila
- PR 2889-2890 Manila-Ozamiz-Manila
- PR 2959-2960 Manila-Cotabato-Manila
- PR 2519-2520 Manila-Cagayan de Oro-Manila
PAL said affected passengers may avail of any of the following options:
- Rebook within 30 days from original flight date, with rebooking/penalty charges waived.
- Refund within 30 days from original flight date, with refund charges waived.
Customers can visit the PAL website, call PAL hotline 855-8888, or visit the nearest PAL ticketing office or partner travel agent.
Friday, December 22
- DG 6851 / DG 6852
- DG 6853 / DG 6854
- DG 6885 / DG 6896
- DG 6901 / DG 6902
- DG 6951 / DG 6952
- DG 6925 / DG 6926
- 5J 791 / 5J 792
- 5J 785 / 5J 786
- 5J 793 / 5J 794
- DG 6690 / DG 6691
- DG 6532 / DG 6533
Cagayan de Oro-Dumaguete-Cagayan de Oro
- DG 6537
- DG 6536
Cagayan de Oro-Tagbilaran-Cagayan de Oro
- DG 6785
- DG 6784
Manila-Cagayan de Oro-Manila
- 5J 397 / 5J 398
- 5J 383 / 5J 384
- 5J 379 / 5J 380
- 5J 391 / 5J 392
- 5J 385 / 5J 386
- 5J 389 / 5J 390
Iloilo-Cagayan de Oro-Iloilo
- 5J 695 / 5J 696
Cebu-Cagayan de Oro-Cebu
- DG 6715 / DG 6718
- DG 6719 / DG 6720
- DG 6717 / DG 6722
- DG 6724
Davao-Cagayan de Oro
- DG 6738
Cagayan de Oro-Caticlan-Cagayan de Oro
- DG 6302 / DG 6303
Updated as of 5:00 pm on December 22
- DG 6793 / DG 6794
- DG 6641 / DG 66
- DG 6603 / DG 6604
- 5J 703 / 5J 704
- 5J 705 / 5J 706
- 5J 629 / 5J 630
- 5J 631 / 5J 632
- DG 6517 / DG 6518
- 5J 887 / 5J 888
- 5J 885 / 5J 886
- DG 6684 / DG 6685
Cebu Pacific said it will mount additional flights late Friday afternoon, December 22, to Saturday, December 23, to accommodate affected passengers. "They will be notified regarding their new flight schedules," added the airline.
Cebu Pacific also said it is giving passengers traveling on any Cebu Pacific or Cebgo flight to and from the Visayas and Mindanao from December 21 to 24 the following options:
- Rebook within 30 days without penalties. If beyond 30 days, fare difference will be charged.
- Reroute to alternate station within 30 days without penalties. If beyond 30 days, fare difference will be charged.
- Travel fund without penalties
- Full refund
Cebu Pacific also advised customers who booked through a travel agent or any other 3rd party to provide the airline with their contact details so they can be directly informed of any flight changes.
Customers can also check the status of their flights via Cebu Pacific's Flight Status tab.
For boat passengers, the Philippine Coast Guard (PCG) has cancelled
the trips of at least 28 vessels bound for Bohol, Leyte, Negros
Oriental, and Mindanao from Cebu due to Vinta.
PCG Cebu head Commander Jerome Cayabyab said the cancellation of sea
trips has resulted to at least 1,531 passengers stranded in various
ports. – Rappler.com