BPI postpones peso cash deposit, withdrawal fees to January 2019
MANILA, Philippines – The Bank of the Philippines Islands (BPI) announced on Wednesday, July 4, that it would move the implementation of peso cash deposit and withdrawal fees from September 2018 to January 2019.
These are the fees covered by the suspended implementation:
- P50 inter-region cash deposit fee (inter-region transactions are those made at branches other than the branch of account, and in another region, such as Metro Manila to Ilocos)
- P100 inter-region withdrawal fee
- P100 fee for over-the-counter withdrawals of accounts with ATM cards
In a statement, BPI said the postponement "will give our clients enough time to be more familiar with our other existing Bank Anywhere facilities via our online and electronic channels."
But BPI noted that "fees for transactions other than peso deposits and withdrawals will take effect on September 1, 2018, as previously announced."
These other fees are:
- Branch of account - free
- Metro Manila - P100 per check
- Intra-region - P100 per check (transactions made at branches other than the branch of account, but within the same region, such as Metro Manila to Metro Manila)
- Inter-region - P100 per check
Foreign currency cash deposits
- US dollars - P0.10 per $1 or a fraction thereof
- Non-US dollar currencies (3rd currency) - P0.10 per $1 equivalent or a fraction thereof
- Personal - P250
- Corporate - P500
Manager's check - P75
Demand draft - P550
Bank certification - P200
Statement of account (SOA) printing - P50 per page
Safety deposit box (SDB) rental - P2,000 to P6,000 per year, which varies depending on box size
In these changing times, courage and clarity become even more important.
Take discussions to the next level with Rappler PLUS — your platform for deeper insights, closer collaboration, and meaningful action.
Sign up today and access exclusive content, events, and workshops curated especially for those who crave clarity and collaboration in an intelligent, action-oriented community.
As a bonus, we’re also giving a free 1-year Booky Prime membership for the next 200 subscribers.
You can also support Rappler without a PLUS membership. Help us stay free and independent by making a donation: https://www.rappler.com/crowdfunding. Every contribution counts.