Dismissed Customs police still reporting at Davao port
MANILA, Philippines – Even after his dismissal for allegedly faking his career service eligibility, a former Bureau of Customs police officer is still serving as a deputy commander stationed in Davao City.
A customs official at the Port of Davao confirmed that Major Ramon Policarpio is still the Davao deputy commander of the Customs Enforcement and Security Services.
"Yes, Major Policarpio is still the deputy commander," the customs officer said.
On May 27 this year, the Civil Service Commission declared Policarpio guilty of 5 counts of serious dishonesty after it was discovered that a different person took his career service professional examination for him at the Araullo High School in Manila in 1988.
Policarpio was also found guilty of fraud and falsification of official documents, the CSC said.
“Accordingly, the penalty of dismissal from the service is imposed upon him with all its accessory penalties of cancellation of eligibility, forfeiture of retirement benefits, perpetual disqualification from holding public office, and bar from taking any Civil Service examinations,” the CSC order read.
The decision was signed by Commissioners Nieves Osorio and Robert Martinez.
Policarpio was also reportedly relieved last year, along with 4 others, for alleged iextortion activities at the Port of Manila.
The relief order was prompted by the complaint of businessman Aurelio Lobertas, owner of Oragi Trading, claiming that Customs police officers demanded P3,000 to P4,000 when he passed by the gate of the Port of Manila.
Lobertas alleged that the incident took place on January 28 to 30, and in February 4 last year, when he had transactions at the port. – Rappler.com