Fashion at the MMFF red carpet
MANILA, Philippines - The 38th Metro Manila Film Festival awards night on December 27 at the Meralco Theater may have lacked the glamour of a celebrity ball, but the celebrities who graced it gave the event glitz nonetheless.
The floor layout could have been better; some members of the press who covered could have asked better questions [we overheard a group from a television program ask ABS-CBN talent JM de Guzman, "Sino ka ba? (Who are you?)"]; and other reporters could have been more attentive to celebrities their cameramen approached [comedian John Lapus was descended upon by a throng of cameramen and none of them were asking questions. So Lapus went, "Walang mga reporter, puro mga cameraman! (There are no reporters, just cameramen!)"].
Here are Rappler's photos from the pre-awards event:
Angel Locsin on her 2013 plans: "I'm not really into resolutions. No plans yet."
John Lapus' 2013 plans: "Talentadong Pinoy Worldwide (TV5) and a teleserye with Angeline Quinto (ABS-CBN)"
Deramas' 2013 projects: The films Girl, Boy, Bakla, Tomboy and Praybeyt Benjamin 2
Here are other personalities we spotted on the red carpet:
- Rappler.com with reports from Jerald Uy
You may also want to read:
- MMFF review: 'Sosy Problems'
- Mendoza to Noranians: Watch 'Thy Womb'
- Nora Aunor wins 8th MMFF Best Actress award for 'Thy Womb'
- MMFF review: 'Si Agimat, Si Enteng, at Si Ako'
- MMFF review: 'The Invasion: Shake, Rattle & Roll IV'
- MMFF review: 'Thy Womb'
- MMFF review: 'One More Try' -- Try harder
- MMFF review: 'Sisterakas'
- To watch or not to watch: The 38th Metro Manila Film Festival