'Zero Dark Thirty', 'Argo' win at Writers Guild Awards
MANILA, Philippines - Hollywood writers honored each other's work in the Writers Guild Awards held February 17 (February 18, Manila time).
Two ceremonies were held simultaneously: at the JW Marriott Hotel in Los Angeles for WGA West; and at BB King's Blues Club in New York City for WGA East.
"Castle" star Nathan Fillion hosted the awards for WGA West.
Here is the complete list of winners:
- ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY: "Zero Dark Thirty" - Mark Boal
- ADAPTED SCREENPLAY: "Argo" - Chris Terrio
- DOCUMENTARY SCREENPLAY: "Searching for Sugar Man" - Malik Bendejelloul
- DRAMA SERIES: "Breaking Bad"
- COMEDY SERIES: "Louie"
- NEW SERIES: "Girls"
- EPISODIC DRAMA: “The Other Woman”(Mad Men)
- EPISODIC COMEDY: “Virgin Territory” (Modern Family)
- LONG FORM – ORIGINAL: "Hatfields and McCoys, Nights Two and Three"
- LONG FORM – ADAPTED: "Game Change"
- ANIMATION: “Ned and Edna’s Blend Agenda” (The Simpsons)
- COMEDY / VARIETY - SERIES: "Portlandia"
- COMEDY / VARIETY - SPECIALS: 66th Annual Tony Awards
- DAYTIME DRAMA: "The Young & The Restless"
- CHILDREN'S – EPISODIC & SPECIAL: “The Good Sport” (Sesame Street)
- CHILDREN’S – LONG FORM OR SPECIAL: “Girl vs. Monster"
- DOCUMENTARY – CURRENT EVENTS: “Money, Power and Wall Street: Episode One” (Frontline)
- DOCUMENTARY – OTHER THAN CURRENT EVENTS: “The Fabric of the Cosmos: The Illusion of Time” (Nova)
- NEWS – REGULARLY SCHEDULED, BULLETIN, OR BREAKING REPORT: “Tragedy In Colorado: The Movie Theatre Massacre"
- NEWS – ANALYSIS, FEATURE, OR COMMENTARY: “The Ghost of Joe McCarthy” (Moyers & Company)
- NEWS – REGULARLY SCHEDULED OR BREAKING REPORT: "World News This Year 2011,” ABC News Radio
- NEWS – ANALYSIS, FEATURE OR COMMENTARY: “Dishin Digital,” WCBS-AM
4. Promotional Writing and Graphic Animation
- ON-AIR PROMOTION (RADIO OR TELEVISION): “Partners,” CBS
- TELEVISION GRAPHIC ANIMATION: “The Oscars” (Sunday Morning with Charles Osgood), CBS
5. New Media and Videogame
- OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT IN WRITING ORIGINAL NEW MEDIA: “The Compromises, Episode 1,” “The Pest, Episode 3,” The Snake, Episode 4,” “The Bonding, Episode 6,” “The Future, Episode 7/Series Finale” (Jack in a Box), Written by Michael Cyril Creighton
- OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT IN WRITING DERIVATIVE NEW MEDIA: “Hide And Seek,” “Keys to the Kingdom,” “The Chosen Ones,” “Parting Shots” (The Walking Dead: Cold Storage), Written by John Esposito
- OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT IN VIDEOGAME WRITING: Assassin’s Creed III: Liberation, Scriptwriting by Richard Farrese, Jill Murray
Read our awards season stories here:
- Oscar predictions: Best Animated Feature Film
- Homestretch: 2013 Awards season
- AS IT HAPPENED: 2013 BAFTA Awards
- AS IT HAPPENED: 55th Grammy Awards
- Live Blog: The 19th Screen Actors Guild Awards
- Ben Affleck wins top prize at DGA awards
- The fans have spoken: People's Choice Awards 2013
- 'Argo', Anne Hathaway, Daniel Day-Lewis win at the 19th SAG Awards
- 'Argo' wins producers' award in new pre-Oscar boost
- Ben Affleck wins best director after his Oscar nomination snub
- VIDEO: Golden Globes red carpet
- Live Blog: The 70th Golden Globes
- fun., Gotye win big at Grammys
- 'Family Guy' creator Seth MacFarlane ready to host the Oscars
- Hugh Jackman: Oscar nomination exciting, surreal
- 'Les Mis', 'Argo' triumph in BAFTAs