'One More Chance' sequel 'A Second Chance': 7 heartbreaking lines
MANILA, Philippines – "I want to stop wondering 'what if,' – I want to know 'what is.'"
This was just one of Basha's many immortal lines in the iconic movie One More Chance (2007). It became a classic, with its raw and real lines that reflect real-life relationships and shone the spotlights on love's downs as much as its ups.
Now with sequel A Second Chance, Basha, Popoy, and the Thursday barkada are back – older, wiser, and tackling new issues along with life's many changes.
We've compiled just a few of a number of beautiful lines from the new movie. We haven't given the ending away, but if you want to be completely surprised or not know details about Popoy and Basha as husband and wife, read no further. Otherwise, click the button below for more.
The film is set in 2013. Popoy and Basha (John Lloyd and Bea) are now married and juggling a business together. Popoy is an engineer, while Basha is an architect.
Fans will be happy to see the appearance of the friends from the previous movie.
The couple's friends Krizzy and Kenneth (Dimples Romana and James Blanco) are still together and have one child. Anj (Bea Saw) is still single and cynical about love.
Chinno (Janus del Prado) meanwhile is now a single father. JP (Ahron Villena) on the other hand, is engaged to be married.
Here are just some of many, many beautiful lines from the movie
1. "Ito na yung huling gabi na mayroon ikaw at ako. Simula bukas, ang meron na lang ay tayo, tayo habang buhay," Popoy to Basha before their wedding.
(This is the last night of you and me. After tomorrow, there'll just be an us – forever.)
2. "Basha, hindi mo kailangan magsalita para madama ko iyon," – Popoy to Basha after an argument.
(Basha, you don't need to speak for me to feel it.)
3. "Basta true love, lahat kakayanin. Forever and ever!" JP and his fiancee during JP's birthday, annnouncing he was getting married.
4. "I promise to love you at your best, and at your worst." – Basha to Popoy in flashback scene
5. "'Poy, you made me feel like I’m your life’s biggest mistake," – Basha to Popoy after finding out about they had financial troubles
6. "I promise to love you even if it hurts. I love you more even when it hurts," – Basha to Popoy
7. "And I’m also saying goodbye to all of my what ifs. That it’s brave to ask 'what if,' that I think it’s braver to ask 'what is' – and Bash, I know – you're my 'what is." – Popoy to Basha
Have you seen A Second Chance? What was your most favorite line from the movie? Let us know in the comments section elow. – Rappler.com
More on A Second Chance:
- WATCH: John Lloyd, Bea on 'One More Chance' fans, what convinced them to do 'Second Chance'
- Bea Alonzo on Popoy, Basha's journey in 'A Second Chance'
- WATCH: A glimpse of Popoy, Basha's wedding in new 'A Second Chance' teaser
- 'One More Chance' sequel 'A Second Chance' release date announced
- 'One More Chance' sequel is happening
- WATCH: 'One More Chance' sequel teaser released
- Erik Santos on that unforgettable 'One More Chance' song 'I'll Never Go'
- Confirmed: Bea Alonzo, John Lloyd Cruz to star in new movie
- Will fans get 'One More Chance 2'? Bea, John Lloyd weigh in
- Bea Alonzo, John Lloyd Cruz share their favorite ‘One More Chance’ lines
- 'One More Chance' adapted into novel