Sting's 'My Songs' concert in Manila is cancelled
MANILA, Philippines (UPDATED) – Sting's upcoming Manila show has been cancelled "due to scheduling conflicts," concert producer Ovation Productions said on Facebook on July 13.
"We apologize for any inconvenience caused by this development and know that Sting hopes to return to Manila soon to perform for his fans," they said in the announcement.
Ticket refund details will be posted on their page soon.
The 18-time Grammy winner was initially scheduled to perform at the Smart Araneta Coliseum on October 2 as part of his My Songs tour. The singer had earlier cancelled several gigs in Europe "due to an unspecified illness."
My Songs, Sting’s latest album, features reworked versions of Sting’s greatest hits, both with The Police, and as a solo artist – so those who catch his Manila concert can expect a set list that includes iconic songs like “Englishman in New York,” “Fields of Gold,” “Roxanne,” and “Every Breath You Take.”
Sting last performed in Manila in 2012.
Sting, whose real name is Gordon Matthew Thomas Sumner, first became famous for forming The Police along with Stewart Copeland and Andy Summers. The band released 5 studio albums and won 6 Grammy Awards, before being inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2003.
As a solo artist, Sting received an additional 12 Grammy awards among a slew of others. He is also a member of the Songwriters Hall of Fame, and received the Kennedy Center Honors. – Rappler.com