Miss Earth candidates arrive in Manila
MANILA, Philippines - Candidates from around the world for the Miss Earth pageant arrived at NAIA Terminal 1 at around 12 midnight for the pre-pageant activities that begin today, November 4.
Rappler lensman Jedwin M. Llobrera caught 4 of them at the NAIA Terminal 1 VIP room: Camilla Brant of Brazil; Tamerin Jardine of South Africa; Phoebe Tan of Singapore; and Lourdes Aguilar Concha of Mexico.
According to the Miss Earth website, the activities will begin today, 4 pm, with a mall show at Robinson's Dasmarinas in Cavite.
It will be followed by a quiz bee competition to "showcase the candidates' beauty and brains" followed by a walk at the Luneta Park to promote walking along with the distribution of seedlings for planting.
Here is the rest of the Miss Earth 2012 schedule:
1) November 5, Monday
- 8:30am - Mural painting as part of the Dolphins Love Freedom campaign with AG Sano in Katipunan, Quezon City (near GT Toyota)
- 2:00pm - School tour at Binangonan Elementary School, Rizal
2) November 6, Tuesday
- 10:00am - Press presentation at F1 Hotel, Taguig
- 2:00pm - Liter of Light in San Juan
- Walk with ME (promotion of walking and distribution of seedlings) at The Fort
3) November 7, Wednesday
- 9:00am - Environmental seminar at Bulwagang Ninoy, Ninoy Aquino Parks and Wildlife
- Walk with ME at Greenbelt
4) November 8, Thursday
- 9:00am - School tour at P. Jardin Elementary School and Ilaya Elementary School, Rizal
- 9:00am - Liter of Light in San Juan
- 4:00pm - Green Bag Challenge (Promotion of reusable bags)
- Walk with ME at Mall of Asia by the Bay
5) November 9, Friday
- 3:00pm - Mangrove planting at Hamilo Coast, Pico de Loro, Nasugbu, Batangas
- 7:00pm - Resort wear competition at Hotel Pontefino, Batangas City
6) November 10, Saturday
- 9:00am - Liter of Light in San Juan
- 4:00pm - Mall show at Robinson’s Pioneer Forum, Edsa
- 7:00pm - Swimsuit competition at Golden Sunset Resort and Spa, Calatagan, Batangas
7) November 11, Sunday
- 4:00pm - Mall show at Robinson’s Starmills, Pampanga
- 7:00pm - Talent competition at Enchanting Events Place, Enchanted Kingdom, Sta. Rosa Laguna
8) November 12, Monday
- Charity Day at Nayon ng Kabataan, Mandaluyong
- 8:30am - Treeplanting
- 10:00am - SM Nido Discovery Center
- 7:00pm - Talent competition at Dillingers, Makati City
9) November 13, Tuesday
- 1:00pm - Pond’s Make-up Challenge at SM Mall of Asia
10) November 14, Wednesday
- 8:00am - Puerto Princesa Underground River tour and tree-planting at Puerto Princesa City, Palawan
- 9:00am - Charity day at Child Haus, V. Luna, Quezon City
11) November 15, Thursday
- 7:00pm - Swimsuit competition at A&A Plaza Hotel, PPC
- 7:00pm - Swimsuit competiton at The Royal Northwoods Resort, Coral na Bato, San Rafael, Bulacan
- 7:00pm - Evening gown competition at SMDC, Mall of Asia
12) November 16, Friday
- Environmental activities in Bicol
- 1:00pm - Dove Unilever event at SM Mall of Asia
- 7:00pm - Evening gown competition at The Lake Hotel, Tagaytay
13) November 17, Saturday
- Swimwear and evening gown fashion show and beach clean-up drive at Hannahs Beach Resort & Convention Center in Pagudpud, Ilocos Norte
- Environmental activities at Legazpi City, Bicol
- 7:00pm - Resort wear competition at Hotel Convention Hall, Legazpi City, Bicol
14) November 18, Sunday
- 7:00am - Tour of the Fireflies (Meeting area is Tiendesitas)
15) November 19, Monday
- 7:00am - JamStep: A campaign for healthy lifestyle at Quezon City Memorial Circle
- 9:00am - Charity day at Golden Acres, Quezon City
- A Moment for the Earth (National Costume Competition) - An evening with dignitaries, F1 Hotel (not open to the public)
16) November 20, Tuesday
- 7:00pm - Fashion show for Tresseme and Forever 21 at SM Mall of Asia
17) November 24, Saturday
- 6:00pm - Grand coronation night at Versailles Palace, Alabang
The coronation night will be aired live over Star World to be followed on November 25, 10:15am by ABS-CBN.
Our candidate is Stephany Stefanowitz, Miss Philippines Earth. - Rappler.com
To greater exploration
Our Life & Style section is dedicated to exploring everyday life – from career and relationships to fashion, travel, and culture.
We want to tell more stories that enable and empower your lifestyle. However, we need reader support.
By joining Rappler PLUS, you will get exclusive event invites, industry reports, and Rappler Shop discounts.
But more than that, you will enable us to continue telling more stories.
Make your move now. Join Rappler PLUS.