READ: Katarina Rodriguez’s winning answer at Miss World Philippines 2018
MANILA, Philippines – Katarina Rodriguez was crowned Miss World Philippines 2018 at the pageant’s coronation night on October 7 at the Mall of Asia Arena.
A strong contender throughout the competition, Katarina proved to have both beauty and brains when she answered this question:
There are people who believe that beauty pageants are a form of women exploitation. What can you do to change their opinion?
This was her answer:
I’d like to think that one should live by example. And I actually would like to admit that I was one of those before until I learned more about what beauty pageants are about. One thing I can tell you is that you may think it’s very competitive but it’s not. You understand beauty pageants when you know that it is actually not competitive against other women. It’s actually competitive towards yourself. And in a sense, it’s all about woman empowerment. And you can feel that in this group of girls… each girl knows that we are all individually beautiful.
Katarina will be competing in the Miss World 2018 pageant in Sanya, China in December. – Rappler.com
Check out these stories from our Miss World Philippines 2018 coverage:
- Katarina Rodriguez is Miss World Philippines 2018
- TRANSCRIPT: Miss World Philippines 2018 Q and A
- Meet the Miss World Philippines 2018 candidates
- IN PHOTOS: Miss World Philippines 2018 evening gown competition
- IN PHOTOS: Miss World Philippines 2018 swimsuit segment
- Predictions: Who will win Miss World Philippines 2018?
- Miss World Philippines 2018 Charity Gala review
- FULL LIST: Miss World Philippines 2018 Top Model finalists
- IN PHOTOS: Miss World Philippines 2018 Beach Beauty Competition
- FULL LIST: Miss World Philippines 2018 Swimsuit Competition finalists
- HIGHLIGHTS: Miss World Philippines 2018 Beach Beauty Competition
- WATCH: Miss World Philippines 2018 candidates explore El Nido
In these changing times, courage and clarity become even more important.
Take discussions to the next level with Rappler PLUS — your platform for deeper insights, closer collaboration, and meaningful action.
Sign up today and access exclusive content, events, and workshops curated especially for those who crave clarity and collaboration in an intelligent, action-oriented community.
As an added bonus, we’re also giving a free 1-year Booky Prime membership for the next 200 subscribers.
You can also support Rappler without a PLUS membership. Help us stay free and independent by making a donation: https://www.rappler.com/crowdfunding. Every contribution counts.