Vanessa Mae Walters stripped of Miss Eco Teen Philippines title
MANILA, Philippines — The Miss World Philippines Organization announced on Friday, October 4 that Vanessa Mae Walters had been stripped of the Miss Eco Teen Philippines 2019 title for violating the organization's rules.
In a statement, Miss World Philippines national director Arnold Vegafria said they revoked Walters’ title because she had violated 3 rules. One of her infractions include posting a racy photo on her Instagram feed.
"The Miss World Philippines Organization wishes to maintain ethical and moral standards and uphold the integrity of the titleholders. As Miss Eco Teen Philippines 2019, Ms. Vanessa Mae Walters is expected to act as an ambassador of the Philippines in the Miss Eco Teen competition, represent the organization in a professional manner, and serve as a role model of the youth," Vegafria said.
Walters was the first Miss Eco Teen Philippines under the Miss World Philippines Organization. The organization had just acquired the title for the 2019 edition of the pageant.
The organization said that after "observing due process," they stripped Walters of her title because of the following reasons:
- Misrepresentation of her credentials
- Unprofessional behavior
- Non-attendance in official functions to promote Miss Eco Teen Philippines;
- Walking out on meetings with the national director; and
- Refusal to sign the contract with the organization
- The Miss Eco Teen Organization has called our attention to nude photos of Ms. Walters circulatiing online and posted on her own social media accounts; and
- Public display of alcohol and tobacco use
Mary Daena Zaide Resurrecion, who did not place in the 2019 contest, was tapped to replace Walters.