Photo wRap: #PugadBaboy, NBA Game 7, #SingaporeHaze
MANILA, Philippines - The past week saw a lot of historical events.
Here is a list of images that caught the attention of social media users from June 16 to 23:
1. When Pugad Baboy creator Pol Medina, Jr resigned from the Philippine Daily Inquirer after being suspended for a controversial St. Scho gay comic strip, many wondered what will happen to the famous satirical comics.
On Sunday, June 16, the secret finally came out!
Medina found a new home on Rappler, hired by its CEO Maria Ressa who is, ironically, a Scholastican.
2. Miami Heat stars Dwyane Wade and LeBron James hold up the NBA Finals and NBA Finals MVP trophy:
Miama Heat outlasted the San Antonio Spurs in a grueling and historic 7-game series. This is the Miami franchise's 3rd NBA championship and its first back-to-back title.
3. The 89th season of the National Collegiate Athletic Association opened on Saturday, June 22, at the Mall of Asia Arena.
4. The past week's rainfall caused flood in several parts of the metro.
Be warned for flooding that may be inevitable in the coming days. The rainy season is officially under way.
5. The best of Philippine cinema gathered under one roof for the 36th Gawad Urian awards on Tuesday, June 18 at the NBC Tent in Bonifacio Global City, Taguig.
6. Smog levels in Singapore hit a record high on Wednesday, June 19, as raging forest fires from neighboring Indonesia triggered a major health alarm and sent residents of the densely populated city-state scrambling for face masks.
7. The number of protesters in Brazil just kept growing. From just 200,000 on Monday, June 17, an estimated 1.25 million people rallied on Friday, June 21 demanding better public services and bemoaning massive spending to stage the World Cup.
Did we miss anything? Leave your comment below. - With reports from Stacy de Jesus/Rappler.com