[WATCH] Hidden Mindanao: The beautiful places many of us may never see
MANILA, Philippines – Some of the world's most beautiful and interesting destinations will sadly remain unseen because of conflict in various areas.
In Mindanao, some places have been plagued by political unrest and bloody conflict, keeping people from coming to see their breathtaking sights: crystal clear beaches, striking rock formations, and more. It also keeps travelers from visiting and interacting with the locals and experiencing their unique culture – as seen in the designs of their homes, structures, and places of worship. (READ: Traveling to Rody Duterte’s misunderstood Mindanao)
In the video above, see the wondrous sights of Basilan, Sulu, Maguindanao, Lanao del Sur, and Tawi-Tawi.
For more on the places featured in the video, read these stories:
- Exploring Lanao del Sur: 6 things the world is missing out on
- Braving Basilan: A traveler's tense adventure
- Risk and relaxation: What it's like to tour Sulu
- 5 places to see in breathtaking Tawi-Tawi
But aside from the conflict areas, there are also many places to see in Mindanao. Start building your bucket list by checking out these stories:
- 9 spectacular places to visit in Mindanao
- Beautiful mosques in the Philippines
- Unspoiled white beaches: Mindanao
- From Davao City, make the trip to these 8 beautiful beaches
- 7 breathtaking Mindanao destinations you shouldn't miss
What's on your Philippines bucket list? Do you have a beautiful picture or story to share? Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. – Rappler.com