#ReliefPH operations to help #LandoPH victims
Already, local governments in Aurora and nearby towns as well as the public have reported severe wind damage to buildings and dangerous road conditions. The public can expect more reports to come in as the day progresses.
The government and civic organizations have taken proactive measures to ensure goods and supplies needed for response are prepositioned. The Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) prepositioned resources with more than P18,400,000 standby funds, 196,737 family food packs, and P158,164,761.76 worth of food and non-food items available.
Rappler, together with its Agos partners, are compiling a list of ongoing relief operations and disaster response organizations that are mobilizing to aid communities affected by disaster. Our agos partners include: Ateneo de Manila's eBayanihan, Philippine Red Cross, World Vision, the Australian Government, Team48, Bike Scouts, National Youth Commission, Philippine Disaster Response Foundation and YesPinoy.
Help us crowdsource information and populate this list. If you know of an ongoing relief operation or an organization preparing to respond, please provide us with information via the following communication channels:
- Message us via our MovePH Facebook page
- Tweet us via on our Project Agos or Rappler Twitter Accounts
- Send an email to email@example.com
- Post directly on the Agos Alert Map
- Inform any of our partners above
- Post in the comments section below
Please include "#ReliefPH" in all your posts.
In addition to crowdsourcing social media reports of flooded areas, requests for rescue, and critical information such as the status of roads and bridges, Project Agos, eBayanihan volunteers, and Agos partners are also getting status reports from various government and volunteer responder units, such as the Pasig City Disaster Risk Reduction Management Office and the UP Mountaineers Search and Rescue. This is plotted on the Agos Alert Map, in order to better coordinate rescue and relief efforts within Northern and Central Luzon.
NDRRMC reminds responders to notify the Office of Civil Defense before deploying to Northern or Central Luzon to ensure proper coordination.
With the transition from response operations to recovery, this map will no longer be updated, and will reflect the situation effective 6:00 p.m., Friday, October 23, 2015.
The activities of responder units may be viewed here:
(as of October 21, 7 pm)
- Philippine Red Cross is always accepting donations in cash or kind for its relief operations. Visit the Philippine Red Cross website for more information.
- Donations of basic relief goods for Aurora can be sent thru Manila Genesis bus company at their Cubao terminal. Please put in the donation "c/o the Office of Sonny Angara," where they will be received and sent to Baler for repacking and distribution through local offices.
- RockEd Philippines is accepting donations of new underwear, diapers, napkins, soap, bras and blankets in two drop-off points: Makati and Katipunan. More details here.
- Citizens Disaster Response Center is accepting donations of relief goods like food and water as well as volunteers to help repack. Visit their Facebook Page for more information.
- CARE is ready to respond to typhoon affected areas. Visit their website here.
- The Bike Scouts, a group of emergency bicycle messengers, will take messages to people in disaster areas. Contact Myles Delfin for more information.
- On Tuesday, October 20, AmeriCares announced it will deploy an emergency response team from its Manila office to deliver hygiene supplies and medicines to Nueva Ecija province. The emergency response and global health organization keeps basic medicines on hand in the disaster-prone country to quickly replenish supplies after emergencies.
Amiananihan UP Minggan is accepting canned goods, instant noodles, rice, bottled water (in 500mL or 1L), as well as medicine and ifirst aid kits, hygiene kits (with soap, shampoo, toothbrush, toothpaste, sanitary napkin) as well as volunteers.
Drop off points and contacts:
UP Diliman, College of Education, Student Council Office
Elle - 0949 182 3200
Misty - 0906 454 1220
Allian - 0936 747 5677
UP Manila, College of Arts and Sciences, Student Council Office
Athena - 0929 882 3252
Jean - 0917 620 2641
BDO, Paolo Encarnacion, Acct Number: 678 016 3537
- UP Corps of Cadets is accepting bottled water (preferably in 1L containers), ready-to-eat food (in easy-open-cans or tetra packs), antiseptics and paracetamol, as well as cash.
Drop off point:
UP Corps of Cadets office, DMST complex, Ulanan Rd., UP Diliman, Quezon City
Bank: Union Bank
Acct name: UP VANGUARD INC
Acct no: 0001 007 0930
Contact: Myka Marteja (0915 202 3199 / firstname.lastname@example.org) for confirmation
Drop off point:
College Covered Courts, Ateneo de Manila University
(Oct 21-23, 2015) 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Operation Tulong Bayan is looking for volunteers.
Balay Expo Building, Araneta Center, Cubao, Quezon City
Contact: Ninian (0906 430 4315)
Drop off point:
La Salle Green Hills, Gate 2, Ortigas Ave
For cash: Lasallian Mission Office
University of the Philippines Diliman
Office of the UP Student Regent, UP Vinzons Lobby
Mico (0919 990 2232)
Carlo (0917 880 9316)
University Student Council
Gil Catalan (0915 908 6286)
Office of the Student Regent, PUP Main, Charlie Del Rosario Bldg
Monique (0926 838 4698)
Supreme Student Council
Robert (0926 772 4520)
De La Salla Araneta University
University Student Council
Patrick (0936 930 2401)
Unviersity Student Government
Zaira (0916 278 8550))
PLM College of Science Student Council
Jan (0977 335 1714)
CBA Student Council
Jonniel (0909 675 0817)
ADNU Supreme Student Government
Zeta (0977 141 2701)
(c/o JCI Alabang) 234 Santiago St., Ayala Alabang Village Muntinlupa City
(c/o Danielle Lee, JCI Ortigas) GA tower, EDSA corner Boni Ave, Mandaluyong City
(c/o JCI Manileña) 57 San Agustin St., Capitol 8, Pasig City
(c/o JCI Manileña) Primo Media, 3F 94 A Rita St., Brgy Batis, San Juan City
Contact Danielle Lee (0917 571 3800)
Filoil Flying V Arena, Santolan Road, Bgy Corazon de Jesus, San Juan
GA Towers, EDSA corner Boni Ave, Mandaluyong Ave
WIN Action Center, MacArthur Highway, Malinta Valenzuela City
Acct name: Junior Chamber International Philippines BDO
Acct no: 002010-221598
Refresh this page for the latest updates on ongoing relief operations in your area. - Rappler.com