Tea Time with Vince and Frank: Are we deaf to noise pollution?
MANILA, Philippines – The rattle of motor engines, the honking of horns, and the screeching of tires are but part of the daily background noise of the urban dweller. Have we gotten so used to this cacophony that while we are starting to become more mindful of the smog and the plastic clutter around us, the campaign against noise pollution is falling by the sideways?
Join Right of Way host and road safety advocate Vince Lazatin and VISOR motoring writer Frank Schuengel (all the way from the Isle of Man TT Race, arguably the biggest motosport event in the world) as they talk about the lack of action against noise pollution – and the irreversible damage brought about by prolonged exposure. – Rappler.com
In the Philippines, an average of more than 600 children died from road crash incidents from 2006 to 2015. Seat belts can save lives but infants and children need a more specific type of car seats for them in case of a road mishap.
Want to know more about child safety car seats? Here are some stories:
Learn more about Rappler's road safety campaign by visiting the #SaferRoadsPH microsite.
- Christmas Carmageddon?
- The fault in our signs, part 1
- The fault in our signs, part 2
- Traffic enforcement: Be careful what you wish for
- The fault in our signs, part 3
- Special Episode: MMDA responds to 'The fault in our signs' series
- Taking the MRT during rush hour
- The sorrowful mysteries of living in Metro Manila
- Stop human traffic cones
- Special Episode: Interview with Michael Brown, security and enforcement advocate
- The Sucat and Bicutan Problem, Part 1: PH's most complex intersection?
- The Sucat and Bicutan Problem, Part 2: What about Bicutan?
- Special Episode: Dissecting the complex Sucat Interchange
- On the road with GakiMoto
- Nikki Veron Cruz on the challenges of being a female commuter
- The fault in our signs: MMDA takes corrective action on Katipunan
- Bike commuting: The answer to beating traffic?
- Can a bus rapid transit system work in the Philippines?
- Special Episode: A detailed look at the proposed BRT system
- Will MMDA's driver-only car ban on EDSA work?