MANILA, Philippines – So far, Southern Leyte and the Sorsogon have reported no casualties related to Typhoon Ruby (Hagupit) which brought strong winds and heavy rains to the provinces.
The National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) said in a media update on Sunday, December 7, that as of 9 am that day, the military has not reported any casualties in Sorsogon.
A total of 51,495 families or 229,865 people, were evacuated in the province. Storm surges as high as 3 to 5 meters were also reported in Bulusan town Saturday, December 6.
Meanwhile, the Southern Leyte provincial government has ordered its evacuees to go home, the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) reported.
All 71,640 evacuees across the province’s 19 towns were told to go home, after the provincial government deemed it safe to do so. – Rappler.com
There are no comments yet. Add your comment to start the conversation.