PH deports alleged British sex offender
MANILA, Philippines – The Philippines deported last September 9 alleged British pedophile Douglas Michael Slade, the immigration bureau announced.
In a statement Thursday, September 17, the Bureau of Immigration (BI) explained that Slade’s history of “sexual misdeeds”, coupled with confirmation from the United Kingdom about his criminal charges gave the bureau reason to permanently deny him entry to the Philippines.
“[W]e find that Slade’s reported acts pose a significant risk and threat to our children’s wellbeing, a concern which is considered in the utmost interest of the State,” said BI Commissioner Siegfred Mison.
Slade, said Mison, is found to be “an undesirable foreign national for inviting young boys to perform sexual acts for him in exchange for money.”
The BI resolution was acting on an undesirability charge filed against Slade last January 26.
The now-blacklisted 74-year-old had stayed in the Philippines for a decade as a permanent resident.
Based in Angeles City all that time, Slade was living near a school.
“Allegedly, boys as young as 8 years old lined up outside his house and were paid P150 to pose for nude photos and to perform sex acts on him,” the bureau said in its statement.
“[I]ndecent images of boys were found in his laptop,” it added.
“Parents of his alleged victims, all under the age of 12, positively identified their children in the photographs, and attested that Slade molested them.”
Five criminal cases had been filed against him in Philippine courts but the cases did not prosper. Slade denied allegations of molestation. – Rappler.com