LIST: Duterte appointees who took oath on Sept 12, 2016
MANILA, Philippines – Forty-three presidential appointees took their oath in the company of President Rodrigo Duterte on Monday, September 12.
Among them are University of the Philippines Vice President for Public Affairs Prospero de Vera III, who took his oath as a commissioner of the Commission on Higher Education. During the 2016 presidential campaign, he was an adviser to then presidential candidate Grace Poe.
Communications Assistant Secretaries Ramon Cualoping III and Queenie Rodulfo also took their oaths on this day. Joseph Lawrence Garcia, who used to be Davao City Information Officer when Duterte was mayor, was sworn in as a Communications Assistant Secretary.
PAGASA Acting Administrator Vicente Malano is sworn in as PAGASA Administrator.
Alexander Balutan, who was previously set to head the Bureau of Corrections, was sworn in as a chairman of the Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office.
The new appointees are:
- Cherie Lei Santos - Assistant Secretary, Department of Transportation (DOTr)
- Lino Dabi - Assistant Secretary, DOTr
- Datu Abul Khayr Alonto - Chairperson, Mindanao Development Authority
- Adelino Sitoy - Presidential Adviser on Legislative Affairs
- Roland Bondoc - Assistant Executive Secretary for Finance and Administration, Office of the President (OP)
- Jennifer Joy C. Ong - Assistant Secretary, OP
- Erwin Enad - Assistant Secretary, OP
- Jose Jorge Corpuz - Chairman and Member, Board of Directors, Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office (PCSO)
- Alexander Balutan - General Manager and Member, Board of Directors (PCSO)
- Loreta Ata - Member, Board of Directors, PCSO
- Kelvin Lester Lee - Assistant Secretary, Office of the Executive Secretary
- Amable Aguiluz V - Special Envoy of the President ot the Gulf Cooperation Council
- Gertrudo De Leon - Undersecretary, Department of Budget and Management (DBM)
- Agnes Joyce Bailen - Undersecretary, DBM
- Vicente Malano - Administrator, Philippine Atmospheric Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration, under Department of Science and Technology
- Marcos Risonar Jr - Undersecretary, Department of Agrarian Reform (DAR)
- Sylvia Mallari - Undersecretary, DAR
- Luis Meinrado Pañgulayan - Undersecretary, DAR
- David Erro - Undersecretary, DAR
- Teresita Vistro - Assistant Secretary, DAR
- Elmer Distor - Assistant Secretary, DAR
- Milagros Isabel Cristobal - Assistant Secretary, DAR
- Thomas Orbos - General Manager, Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA)
- Julia Catherine Nebrija - Assistant General Manager, MMDA
- Michelle Angelica Go - Assistant Secretary, Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Antonio Kho Jr - Undersecretary, Department of Justice
- Virginia Orogo - Undersecretary, Department of Social Welfare and Development
- Prospero De Vera III - Commissioner, Commission on Higher Education
- George Apacible - Undersecretary, Presidential Communications Operations Office (PCOO)
- Noel Puyat - Undersecretary, PCOO
- Enrique Tandan III - Undersecretary, PCOO
- Kissinger Reyes - Assistant Secretary, PCOO
- Rachel Queenie Rodulfo - Assistant Secretary, PCOO
- Joseph Lawrence Garcia - Assistant Secretary, PCOO
- Ramon Cualoping III - Assistant Secretary, PCOO
- Ana Maria Banaag - Assistant Secretary, PCOO
- Michel Kristian Ablan - Assistant Secretary, PCOO
- Nabil Tan - Undersecretary, Office of the Presidential Adviser on the Peace Process (OPAPP)
- Diosita Andot - Undersecretary, OPAPP
- Ronald Flores - Undersecretary, OPAPP
- Rolando Asuncion - Assistant Secretary, OPAPP
- Ma. Cecilia Papa - Assistant Secretary, OPAPP
- Ariel Cayanan - Undersecretary, Department of Agriculture
We keep you informed because you matter
We tell you the stories that matter. We ask, we probe, we explain.
But as we strive to do all this and speak truth to power, we face constant threats to our independence.
Help us make a difference through free and fearless journalism. With your help, you enable us to keep providing you with our brand of compelling and investigative work.
Joining Rappler PLUS allows us to build communities of action with you. PLUS members will receive our editorial newsletters and industry reports, get to join exclusive online conversations with our award-winning journalists, and be part of our monthly events.
Make your move now. Join Rappler PLUS.