LOOK: Partial, total lockdown of areas during ASEAN summit
MANILA, Philippines – The Interior Department on Sunday, October 29, announced the partial and total lockdown of certain areas in Metro Manila during the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) Summit.
Undersecretary Catalino Cuy, officer-in-charge of the department of chairperson of the ASEAN Committee on Security, Peace and Order, Emergency Preparedness and Response, announced the following lockdowns from November 8 to November 15, 2017:
- November 8 (12:01 AM onwards) - Partial lockdown of CCP Complex, Pasay City
- November 11 (10:00 PM onwards) - Complete lockdown of SMX-MAAX Block, Pasay City
- November 12 (12:01 AM onwards) - Complete lockdown of CCP Complex, Pasay City
- November 13 (12:01 AM onwards) - Total lockdown of Roxas Boulevard starting from
- Padre Burgos Ave. to Buendia Ave., Manila
- November 13 (12:01 AM onwards) - Partial lifting of lockdown at SMX-MAAX Block, Pasay City
- November 13 (12:00 NN onwards) - Lifting of lockdown for Roxas Blvd. (Padre Burgos
- Ave. to Buendia Ave., Manila)
- November 14 - Continuous lockdown of CCP Complex, Pasay City
- November 15 (12:00 NN onwards) - Partial lifting of lockdown for CCP Complex, Pasay City
When an area is under partial lockdown, pedestrians and vehicles without ASEAN IDs and decals will be allowed to pass through but only after they go through a designated vehicle and pedestrian security area.
When an area is under full lockdown, those without ASEAN IDs or decals will be denied access to these areas.
Cuy urged the public to avoid the areas, lest they find themselves “trapped” as a convoy of a world leader passes by. He likewise reminded the public to avoid passing through the North Luzon Expressway (NLEX) or EDSA since a “stop and go scheme” will be implemented whenever an ASEAN convoy passes through.
The Philippines has been playing host to several ASEAN events. The summit in November 2017 will be attended by several world leaders, including key allies of the ASEAN. – Rappler.com
In these changing times, courage and clarity become even more important.
Take discussions to the next level with Rappler PLUS — your platform for deeper insights, closer collaboration, and meaningful action.
Sign up today and access exclusive content, events, and workshops curated especially for those who crave clarity and collaboration in an intelligent, action-oriented community.
As an added bonus, we’re also giving a free 1-year Booky Prime membership for the next 200 subscribers.
You can also support Rappler without a PLUS membership. Help us stay free and independent by making a donation: https://www.rappler.com/crowdfunding. Every contribution counts.