BATANGAS CITY, Philippines (UPDATED) – Batangas Governor Hermilando Mandanas in an interview Monday, March 16, confirmed that there are now 4 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province.
One is a 79-year-old female patient from Batangas City who had traveled recently from London. Her 72-year-old brother also tested positive.
The third case is a 64-year-old female residing in the town of Lemery, with a travel history in Italy, and the fourth is a male resident of Lipa City.
All 4 confirmed cases were being treated in medical facilities outside Batangas.
Aside from them, Batangas province has 43 persons under investigation (PUIs) and 114 are under monitoring (PUMs). Another 175 previously under monitoring had been cleared. (READ: Coronavirus Philippine Updates)
Meanwhile, provincial government confirmed on Tuesday, March 17, that the quarantine advisory earlier signed by Batangas Governor Hermilando Mandanas will now be superseded by the guidelines of the Luzon-wide lockdown announced by President Rodrigo Duterte Monday night.
When asked, Batangas Provincial Information Officer Katrin Buted said that Mandanas would no longer release an executive order in line with theLuzon lockdown.
“As part of Luzon, we automatically follow the President’s order,” Buted said.
Police Lieutenant Hazel Luma-ang, Batangas Police Provincial Office Information Officer, said people can expect more police visibility in the locality.
“The entire Luzon island is nasa enhanced community quarantine na po so expect also our enhanced presence sa borders/malls/public areas to implement the guidelines,” Luma-ang said.
She added that the Philippine National Police was also provided guidelines for cities and municipalities to implement. – Rappler.com