Universities, colleges suspend classes due to heavy rain
How is the weather in your area? Tweet us the situation: Use hashtag #weatheralert and tag @rapplerdotcom.
MANILA, Philippines - At least 19 schools and universities in Metro Manila suspended classes on Thursday afternoon, June 13, due to heavy rain and flooding in some areas.
Here is a list of schools that have already suspended classes:
- Adamson University - Classes and offices from 4 PM onwards
- Arellano University
- Centro Escolar University
- City College of Manila
- De La Salle-College of Saint Benilde (CSB) - Classes from 4:20 PM onwards
- De La Salle University (DLSU) - All classes and levels except Science and Technology Complex, including office work from 4:20 PM onwards
- Far Eastern University-East Asia College - Afternoon classes
- Far Eastern University-Manila (FEU-M)
- La Consolacion College
- Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Manila (PLM) - Classes and admin work from 4 PM onwards
- Philippine Women's University-Manila (PWU-M)
- San Beda College - Classes from 4 PM onwards
- San Sebastian College - Classes from 4:30 PM onwards
- Santa Isabel College
- St. Paul University-Manila - Classes from 4 PM onwards
- St. Scholastica's College-Manila - Night classes
- University of Santo Tomas (UST) - Afternoon classes from 3 PM onwards
- University of the East-Manila (UE-M) - Classes in all levels
- University of the Philippines-Manila (UP-M) - Classes and offices from 3:30 PM onwards
The Manila City government suspended classes in all public elementary and high schools, while Pasay City suspended classes in all levels of private and public schools from 4:30 PM onwards.
The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) has reported flooding in parts of España, EDSA, and Taft avenues at 3:30 PM today. - Rappler.com
We keep you informed because you matter
We tell you the stories that matter. We ask, we probe, we explain.
But as we strive to do all this and speak truth to power, we face constant threats to our independence.
Help us make a difference through free and fearless journalism. With your help, you enable us to keep providing you with our brand of compelling and investigative work.
Joining Rappler PLUS allows us to build communities of action with you. PLUS members will receive our editorial newsletters and industry reports, get to join exclusive online conversations with our award-winning journalists, and be part of our monthly events.
Make your move now. Join Rappler PLUS.