MANILA, Philippines – Here is a copy of the Enhanced Defense Cooperation Agreement (EDCA) signed on April 28 by Philippines Defense Secretary Voltaire Gazmin and US Ambassador to the Philippines Philip Goldberg. (READ: PH, US sign military deal)
The agreement has an initial term of 10 years but it is renewable. It paves the way for the increased presence of US troops in the Philippines and gives them wider access to military bases.
See related stories:
- PH, US sign military deal
- PH primer on military pact with US
- Ex-senators hit ‘lack of transparency’ in PH-US military deal
- Was the Senate sidelined in PH-US military deal?
- PH-US security relations: Deepening the alliance
More stories on this topic here.