NDRRMC monitoring LPA east of southern Luzon
MANILA, Philippines - The National Disaster Risk Reduction Management Council (NDRRMC) is closely monitoring Sunday, June 24, the low pressure area spotted east of Southern Luzon.
In its latest bulletin, the NDRRMC said it remains under "Red Alert" because of the LPA, last spotted by the state weather bureau PAGASA at 1,020 kilometers east of Southern Luzon.
The NDRRMC said it will "continuously monitor and disseminate" information regarding the LPA in the next 24 hours.
Meanwhile, as the LPA remains outside the Philippine Area of Responsibility, cloudy skies with scattered rainshowers and thunderstorms will affect Bicol, Eastern Visayas, and Mindanao.
The rest of the country will have partly cloudy to cloudy skies with isolated rains and thunderstorms, PAGASA said. - Rappler.com
Elsewhere in Rappler:
- [Move.PH] The new sexy: Social entrepreneurship
- [Newsbreak] Vatican fund for Ondoy victims diverted too
- [#SCWatch] Defensor-Santiago, 3 others nominated for chief justice
- [Business] Cebu Pacific cuts ticket prices with lower fuel surcharge
- [Entertainment] Dolphy's platelets, potassium level still low
- [Tech] Facebook forces its @facebook.com email address on users