MANILA, Philippines – Angelia Ong of Manila has won the title of Miss Philippines Earth 2015. The 24-year-old marketing management student beat out the other candidates for the honor of representing the Philippines at the Miss Earth 2015 international pageant later this year. (READ: FULL LIST: Miss Philippines Earth 2015 winners)
“I want to be the next Ms. Philippines Earth because I believe that this is the perfect venue to express myself and I feel that there are so many things to do to save our planet,” she says in her bio on the Miss Philippines Earth website.
“The crown, aside from all the prestige that comes with it, will empower me to empower others to GET UP AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT our dying planet. It will give me the authority and legitimacy to inspire people on a personal level and up to encouraging them not to take Mother Earth for granted.” (INPHOTOS: Miss PH Earth 2015 Angelia Ong’s winning moment)
Watch her winning moment above – graceful and poised, Angelia happily blew kisses to the crowd as she received the crown from reigning queen Jamie Herrell.
What do you think of Angelia’s big win? Let us know in the comments below. – Rappler.com
More on Miss Philippines Earth 2015:
- FULL LIST: Miss Philippines Earth 2015 winners
- IN PHOTOS: Miss PH Earth 2015 Angelia Ong’s winning moment
- PHOTO RECAP: Miss PH Earth 2015 coronation night
- WATCH: Angelia Ong of Manila crowned Miss PH Earth 2015
- WATCH: Swimsuit competition, Miss PH Earth 2015 coronation night
- IN PHOTOS: Evening gown competition, Miss PH Earth 2015
- IN PHOTOS: Miss Philippines Earth 2015 cultural costume portion
- LIVE STREAM: Miss Philippines Earth 2015
- Predictions: Who will win Miss Philippines Earth 2015?
- Jake Cuenca’s ex Chanel Olive Thomas joins Miss Philippines Earth
- Policewoman joins Miss Philippines Earth
- FULL LIST: Miss PH Earth 2015 candidates
- IN PHOTOS: 41 Miss PH Earth 2015 candidates at press presentation
- Why policewoman Sofia Loren Deliu joined Miss PH Earth
- IN PHOTOS: 41 Miss PH Earth candidates at the casual wear competition
- Chanel Olive Thomas on joining Miss PH Earth: I want to bring that change