CAMARINES NORTE, Philippines – Several local candidates in Bicol promised on Friday, April 29, to deliver a combined one million votes for presidential bet Rodrigo Duterte via their vehicle, One Bicol for Duterte 2016.
This was announced the same week that other Bicol politicians shifted support from Liberal Party standard-bearer Manuel Roxas II to independent presidential bet Grace Poe, and another reiterated support for Vice President Binay.
The following pledged to support Duterte despite belonging to other parties, some of them abandoning Poe:
- Al Francis Bichara, who is running to return as governor of Albay
- Antonio Kho, running for governor of Masbate
- Atoy Typoco, running for governor of Camarines Norte
- Edgardo Tallado, running for reelection as governor of Camarines Norte
- Mark Chris Dioneda, running for governor of Sorsogon
- Rolando Andaya, running for reelection as congressman of Camarines Sur
- Jun Verceles, running for reelection as congressman of Catanduanes
- Christopher Co, nominee of AKB party-list group
Duterte held motorcades in Camarines Norte and Camarines Sur, as well as a rally in Daet, Camarines Norte. He told a crowd of thousands that Bicolanos are an honorable race, but Senator Antonio Trillanes IV gave them a bad name.
Trillanes recently accused Duterte of not accurately declaring in his Statement of Assets, Liabilies, and Net Worth his wealth indicated by alleged bank transactions that amounted to billions of pesos.
On April 22, outgoing Albay Governor Joey Salceda formally announced he was abandoning Roxas in favor of Poe.
Four days later, Poe’s camp announced that 4 other governors from the region are also for her: Camarines Norte’s Tallado, Camarines Sur Governor Migz Villafuerte, Sorsogon Governor Raul Lee, and Catanduanes Governor Cely Wong.
On Thursday, April 28, however, Sorsogon Governor Raul Lee hosted Vice President Jejomar Binay at a luncheon and a rally, promising to deliver the votes for him again like he did in 2010.
On Friday, April 29, Tallado, who was long dismissed from the Liberal Party before supporting Poe, spent for Duterte’s sorties, radio hopping, and election paraphernalia. He also provided a vehicle for the survey front-runner. – Rappler.com
There are no comments yet. Add your comment to start the conversation.