Kidnapped Zamboanga Sibugay mayor released in Sulu
MANILA, Philippines – After 6 months as a kidnap victim, the mayor of Naga town in Zamboanga Sibugay was released on Tuesday, October 13, in Sulu, according to police sources.
Quoting information from Joint Task Group Sulu commander Brigadier General Alan Arrojado, the sources said Naga Mayor Gemma Adana was in the custody of the military past 6:30 am Tuesday. Adana is now in a hospital in Jolo for a check-up.
“No details yet as to how she was released from the Abu Sayyaf Group,” the sources said.
Adana was abducted on April 6, 2015, from her residence.
The unidentified armed men boarded the municipal mayor onto a pump boat, and left heading toward Sibugay Bay. – Rappler.com
Who won in the 2016 Philippine elections?
Check out the 2016 official election results through the link below:
- 2016 official election results for Presidential, Vice Presidential, Senatorial, and Party list elections
Check out the 2016 unofficial election results for the national and local races through the links below
- 2016 Philippine Presidential Elections
- 2016 Philippine Vice Presidential Elections
- 2016 Philippine Senatorial Elections
- 2016 Philippine Congressional Elections
- 2016 Party List Elections
- 2016 Philippine Local Elections