Binay evades questions on Poe's SC decision
ZAMBALES, Philippines – Vice President Jejomar Binay continues to avoid questions about the High Court allowing Senator Grace Poe's candidacy for president.
He was believed to benefit the most had she been disqualified.
Mara Cepeda reports.
Vice President Jejomar Binay remains mum about the Supreme Court allowing survey frontrunner Senator Grace Poe to run for president.
The United Nationalist Alliance standard-bearer evades reporters since the Supreme Court announced its ruling in favor of Poe on Tuesday.
Election surveys say Binay could get 32 to 33% of Poe’s original votes had she been disqualified from the presidential race.
Binay's camp insists the Supreme Court's decision has no bearing on Binay’s campaign. For them, they would rather focus on convincing Filipinos that Binay will truly help them out of poverty.
Mara Cepeda, Rappler, Zambales. – Rappler.com
Who won in the 2016 Philippine elections?
Check out the 2016 official election results through the link below:
- 2016 official election results for Presidential, Vice Presidential, Senatorial, and Party list elections
Check out the 2016 unofficial election results for the national and local races through the links below
- 2016 Philippine Presidential Elections
- 2016 Philippine Vice Presidential Elections
- 2016 Philippine Senatorial Elections
- 2016 Philippine Congressional Elections
- 2016 Party List Elections
- 2016 Philippine Local Elections