Mountain Province governor dies of heart attack
BAGUIO CITY, Philippines – Reelectionist Governor Leonard Mayaen of Mountain Province was declared dead on arrival past 3 pm at the Notre Dame Hospital here on Thursday, March 31.
He was 63.
Mayaen suffered a massive heart attack at about noon at the capital town of Bontoc, and was brought to Baguio via helicopter.
An independent candidate, he was running unopposed for his 3rd term as governor this year.
Mayaen was elected governor in 2010. He started out in politics with his election as board member in 1988. In 1992, he was first elected vice governor and served for two terms. He first became governor in 1998, but served only one term.
He was married to Sonia Gawe Mayaen.
The province-wide festival known as Lang-ay, which is slated next week, is expected to be suspended after the death of Mayaen. – Rappler.com
Who won in the 2016 Philippine elections?
Check out the 2016 official election results through the link below:
- 2016 official election results for Presidential, Vice Presidential, Senatorial, and Party list elections
Check out the 2016 unofficial election results for the national and local races through the links below
- 2016 Philippine Presidential Elections
- 2016 Philippine Vice Presidential Elections
- 2016 Philippine Senatorial Elections
- 2016 Philippine Congressional Elections
- 2016 Party List Elections
- 2016 Philippine Local Elections