IN PHOTOS: VP bets' candid moments at debate backstage
MANILA, Philippines — On televsion, they are foes, going head-to-head as they attempt to outsmart and outlast each other in this 6-way vice presidential race.
Behind the stage of the debate hall on Sunday, April 10, the VP bets showed a side of themselves normally hidden from public view.
They waved at photographers and fans, hugged their children who wished them good luck, and sat quietly beside each other as they waited for show time.
The candidates' arrival can be likened to the red carpet at the Academy Awards as they were ushered to a backdrop for the usual photo-ops before they proceeded to their assigned holding rooms.
The candidates' relatives and closest supporters were in full force for their bets, sharing light moments backstage to distract the VP hopefuls from the battle that lay ahead.
Like the best of fans, the VP candidates' children had nothing but praise for their parents whom they believe put up a good fight inside the University of Santo Tomas Quadricentennial Pavilion.
– with reports from Mara Cepeda and Leanne Jazul/Rappler.com
Who won in the 2016 Philippine elections?
Check out the 2016 official election results through the link below:
- 2016 official election results for Presidential, Vice Presidential, Senatorial, and Party list elections
Check out the 2016 unofficial election results for the national and local races through the links below
- 2016 Philippine Presidential Elections
- 2016 Philippine Vice Presidential Elections
- 2016 Philippine Senatorial Elections
- 2016 Philippine Congressional Elections
- 2016 Party List Elections
- 2016 Philippine Local Elections