'Push mo,' Comelec says as voter registration set to end
MANILA, Philippines – The Commission on Elections (Comelec) issued last-minute reminders for deadline beaters as voter registration is set to end on Saturday, September 29.
Comelec Spokesperson James Jimenez tweeted the following on Thursday, September 27:
Tatlong araw na lang, tapos na ang #VoterReg2018. Kung isa ka sa mga deadline beaters, ito ang 3 praktikal na paalala:
3. Siguraduhing dumating nang maaga at kumpleto ang requirements.
2. Magbaon ng chill. Mahaba na ang pila. Siyempre, last 3 days na eh.
1. Worth it 'yan. Push mo.
(Three days to go, and #VoterReg2018 is over. If you are among the deadline beaters, here are 3 practical reminders:
3. Make sure to come early and with complete requirements
2. Bring some chill. The lines are now long. Of course, it's the last 3 days.
1. It's worth it. Go for it.)
TATLONG ARAW NA LANG, tapos na ang #VoterReg2018. Kung isa ka sa mga deadline beaters, ito ang (3) praktikal na paalala:— James Jimenez (@jabjimenez) September 26, 2018
3) siguraduhing dumating ng maaga at kumpleto ang requirements.
2) magbaon ng chill. Mahaba na ang pila. Syempre, last 3 days na eh.
1) worth it yan. Push mo. pic.twitter.com/BScQWIdoM8
If you want to check your polling precinct, you can call the Comelec's Precinct Finder Hotline at (02) 526-7769 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
Jimenez earlier urged Filipinos to register as voters if they haven't, "to help bring about actual change."
"Press pause on that Twitter argument you're having. That's not very likely to change anything," Jimenez said. "Being a registered voter means you're in a position to help bring about actual change." – Rappler.com