MANILA, Philippines – Rumors are rife among the residents of Riverside about the events surrounding the deaths of Jerico Camitan and Erica Fernandez, even as investigators try to piece together the details behind the killings.
The cops earlier told Jerico’s father had eliminated drugs as a motive, but the investigator assigned to the case later said that there was a 60% chance illegal drugs were involved, and a 40% chance a love triangle had been the cause.
Police are still investigating the incident, looking for witnesses. The investigator believes Jerico was the target and that “the woman” had been collateral damage.
10-minute listen. Written by Patricia Evangelista, read by Chay Hofileña, edited by Emerald Hidalgo. If you missed the full story, you can read the text story here. – Rappler.com
- Listen to the 1st episode: Newsbreak Reads: Rowena Tiamson, not a drug pusher
- Listen to the 2nd episode: Newsbreak Reads: Drug user? No, Oman was a good son
- Listen to the 3rd episode: Newsbreak Reads: In war on drugs, lives of police at risk too
- Listen to the 4th episode: Newsbreak Reads: Martial law, the dark chapter in Philippine history
- Listen to the 5th episode: Newsbreak Reads: ‘Nanlaban sila’: Duterte’s war on drugs
- Listen to the 6th episode: Newsbreak Reads: Propaganda war: Weaponizing the internet
- Listen to the 7th episode: Newsbreak Voices: Bakit dapat magpaka-diplomat si Duterte
- Listen to the 8th episode: Newsbreak Voices: Bakit ito ang nakikita mo sa iyong Facebook news feed?
- Listen to the 9th episode: Newsbreak Voices: Naalala n’yo pa ba si Lauren Rosales? Patay na rin ang kapatid niyang si JR
- Listen to the 10th episode: Newsbreak Voices: A Halloween Massacre
- Listen to the 11th episode: Newsbreak Voices: Jerico’s Angel (Part 1)
- Listen to the 12th episode: Newsbreak Voices: Jerico’s Angel (Part 2)