MANILA, Philippines – Pope Francis makes a historic first trip to the Philippines.
Rappler is livestreaming the events of his 5-day visit which includes a meeting with President Benigno Aquino, and meetings with priests, the youth and families in the country’s capital, Manila. He will also spend a day in Leyte to meet the survivors of Typhoon Yolanda (international name: Haiyan).
The charismatic pontiff is expected to draw crowds of thousands to millions, possibly rivaling the 5-million-strong crowd of Pope John Paul II’s visit in 1995. For more stories on the Pope, visit #PopeFrancisPH.
VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS FROM POPE FRANCIS’ CONCLUDING MASS
Click on the thumbnails below to see the videos.
Click here to watch the other events of Pope Francis’ visit to the country:
- #PopeFrancisPH: Pope Francis arrives in Manila
- #PopeFrancisPH: Pope Francis visits Malacañang
- #PopeFrancisPH: Mass in Manila Cathedral
- #PopeFrancisPH: Pope Francis visits families at MOA
- #PopeFrancisPH: The papal route to Villamor Airbase
- #PopeFrancisPH: Pope Francis visits Tacloban
- #PopeFrancisPH: Papal route and presscon in Manila
- #PopeFrancisPH: Pope Francis visits UST
- #PopeFrancisPH: Pope Francis leaves Manila
Here are some fast facts for each of the venues:
- Apostolic Nunciature in PH
- Mall of Asia Arena
- Tacloban Airport
- Archdiocese of Palo (Leyte) and the archbishop’s residence
- Pope Francis Center
- Palo Cathedral, Leyte
- University of Santo Tomas
- Rizal Park